Connect with us

Berita Teratas

Trump announces unprecedented action against China

Published

on

Trump announces unprecedented action against China

“They’ve ripped off the United States like no one has ever done before,” Trump said of China, as he decried the way Beijing has “raided our factories” and “gutted” American industry, casting Beijing as a central foil he will run against in the remaining months of his re-election campaign.

Trump called out China for “espionage to steal our industrial secrets, of which there are many,” announced steps to protect American investors from Chinese financial practices, accused Beijing of “unlawfully claiming territory in the Pacific Ocean” and threatening freedom of navigation.

The President also blasted Beijing for passing a national security law that fundamentally undermines Hong Kong’s autonomy, announcing that going forward the US will no longer grant Hong Kong special status on trade or in other areas and instead will apply the same restrictions to the territory it has in place with China. Trump outlined that the US will strip Hong Kong of the special policy measures on extradition, trade, travel and customs Washington had previously granted it.
Trump announced the US will pull out of the World Health Organization even as the global coronavirus pandemic continues to claim lives, claiming that China has “total control” over the organization of 194 member states. He said China had pressured the WHO to “mislead the world” over the origins of the pandemic, which he described as the “Wuhan virus,” and said that health funding would be redirected to “other worldwide and deserving, urgent global public health needs.”

The President said the US would also take action on a number of other fronts, including barring “certain foreign nationals from China” from entering the US and sanctioning officials in China and Hong Kong for their direct or indirect role in “smothering” Hong Kong’s freedoms.

“US-China relations are in full crisis,” said Richard Fontaine, the CEO of the Center for a New American Security. “We’ve hit the floor and keep falling through it. Beijing will retaliate in response to the Hong Kong steps the administration takes, and then the ball will be back in the President’s court. Things will get worse — potentially much worse — before they get any better.”

READ  Mengapa banyak warga negara India percaya bahwa pemerintah mereka berusaha menjual data mereka di aplikasi coronavirus

Escalating confrontation

Trump’s announcement was a multi-part salvo in what has been a steadily escalating confrontation playing out over trade, telecommunications, the media, student visas, the South China Sea, the coronavirus and most recently, the question of Hong Kong’s autonomy.

The Cantonese-speaking enclave was handed over from the UK to China in 1997 under an agreement that was meant to preserve Hong Kong’s autonomy in domestic matters, including the judiciary, and ensure its citizens could vote for their leaders.

“This week China unilaterally imposed control over Hong Kong security,” Trump said Friday, calling it “a plain violation of Beijing’s treaty obligations with the United Kingdom.”

As a result, Trump said Hong Kong “is no longer sufficiently autonomous to warrant the special treatment that we have afforded the territory” and his administration would “begin the process of eliminating policy exemptions that give Hong Kong different and special treatment.”

The direction will impact the “full range” of agreements the US has with Hong Kong, including their extradition treaty, export controls on dual use technologies and more, Trump said. The US will also revoke Hong Kong’s preferential customs and travel status, the President said.

Chad Bown, a senior fellow at the Peterson Institute for International Economics, said revoking Hong Kong’s special status and extending Trump’s tariffs to the enclave “would have very little immediate impact,” given that in 2019, the US imported less than $5 billion of goods from Hong Kong that Trump could hit with new tariffs.

China likely to strike back

In comparison, the US imported $452 billion worth of goods from China in 2019. Bown pointed out, however, that Beijing could strike back in ways that would hurt American businesses.

READ  "Dia tidak pantas mati lebih dari dua puluh dolar"

“Ironically, it would be more impactful for trade if China were to respond with an escalation and forceable takeover of Hong Kong’s trade policy,” Bown said. “If Beijing were somehow able to extend its retaliatory tariffs that would have a bigger impact, as the United States exports over $30 billion a year to Hong Kong.”

Trump also said the State Department’s travel advisory for Hong Kong will be revised “to reflect the increased danger of surveillance and punishment by the Chinese state security apparatus.”

Some former officials said Trump’s response could end up hurting Hong Kong’s residents.

“The Hong Kong-related provisions in Trump’s announcement were fairly vague and it remains to be seen how quickly and extensively they are implemented,” said Danny Russel, a former senior director for Asian affairs on the National Security Council who is now a vice president at the Asia Society Policy Institute. “But it is not at all clear that the removal of Hong Kong’s special status will make things better for the people we would like to help and, in fact, might inadvertently accelerate their loss of autonomy.”

‘Bold’ and appropriate

Others offered praise.

“The President’s response on Hong Kong is bold and, I think, appropriate,” said Fontaine, a former State Department and NSC official. “Beijing moving to end Hong Kong’s separate political system should trigger an American response, including by terminating Hong Kong’s special economic status. The administration has zigged and zagged on questions of democracy and human rights abroad and I’m glad it is standing up.”

Trump was widely expected to announce a restriction on Chinese students, about 350,000 of whom come to the US to study each year, and senior Cabinet officials signaled that limits on their entry would be just one of several moves the President would make.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said in a Thursday interview with Fox News that Trump would make “a series of announcements” on China “in the coming days” and suggested that visa restrictions on Chinese graduate students and researchers could be among them.

READ  Pemakaman Rayshard Brooks akan diadakan di Gereja Baptis Ebenezer

Shortly after Trump’s remarks, the White House issued a presidential proclamation suspending US entry for graduate and postgraduate students and researchers from China that takes effect at noon on Monday and remains in effect until it is terminated by the President.

US intelligence warns China is using student spies to steal secrets

Authorities in the People’s Republic of China “use some Chinese students, mostly post graduate students and post-doctorate researchers, to operate as non-traditional collectors of intellectual property,” the proclamation said. These students “are at high risk of being exploited or co-opted by the PRC authorities and provide particular cause for concern.”

Letting those students enter the US “to study or conduct research in the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States,” the proclamation announced.

Trump’s Friday announcement is just the latest limit his administration has imposed on Chinese students and other Chinese entities.

In 2018, the State Department issued new time restrictions on visas for Chinese graduate students in fields such as aviation, robotics and advanced manufacturing, which are considered sensitive to national security, scaling back the period students could stay from as long as five years to just one.

In October 2019, the State Department began requiring Chinese diplomats posted in the US to report all their meetings with state and local officials, as well as visits to educational and research institutions.
And in March, the State Department imposed caps on the number of Chinese nationals who may be employed at five Chinese media entities after designating them as foreign diplomatic missions as opposed to journalistic outlets.

CNN’s Jason Hoffman, Jennifer Hansler and Kylie Atwood contributed to this report.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Alamat email Anda tidak akan dipublikasikan. Ruas yang wajib ditandai *

Berita Teratas

BTS Universal Music meninggalkan Columbia Records

Published

on

Universal dan HYBE pada hari Kamis (21 Oktober) mengumumkan kemitraan baru dengan YG Entertainment dan Kisway untuk meluncurkan platform streaming langsung global baru.

Skuter Bran, Yang menjual perusahaannya Ithaca Holdings ke HYBE pada bulan April, membantu menyelesaikan kontrak berkat Greing dan hubungan dekatnya dengan CEO Global HYBE. Lenzo Yoon, Sumber mengatakan.

Salah satu alasan BTS meninggalkan Kolombia adalah sebagai presiden dan CEO Ron PerryKurangnya hubungan dengan band, kata sumber.

Perry tidak bertemu Bang Si-hyuk Penuh waktu sejak menandatangani kontrak dengan BTS Colombia di HYBE’s pre-big hit Entertainment-2018. Si-hyuk adalah pendiri dan ketua HYBE dan membantu menciptakan BTS pada 2010, mengawasi kehidupan tim superstar untuk dekade berikutnya. Namun, sumber mengatakan bahwa C-Hugh memiliki hubungan dekat dengan Kring.

Menurut data MRC, BTS memegang setara dengan 10,4 juta unit album di Amerika Serikat. Lagu-lagu mereka juga telah bergabung dengan 10,6 miliar aliran on-demand AS.

Grup ini memiliki enam postingan No. 1 di papan reklame Panas 100 Bagan, yang semuanya muncul dalam setahun: “Dynamite” (Peta tertanggal 5 September 2020), “Life Continues” (5 Desember 2020), “Butter” (5 Juni), “Permission Dance” (24 Juli), “Ink Universe” (9 Oktober). Demikian pula, “Savage Love (Locked – Siren Beat)” milik Jason Terrulo dan Javas 685 membantu me-remix lagu mereka “No. 1” selama seminggu di bulan Oktober 2020.

Band ini memiliki lima album No. 1 Billboard 200 Sebelum 2018 Cintai dirimu sendiri: air mata (Grafik tertanggal 2 Juni 2018), Cintai dirimu sendiri: Jawab (8 September 2018), Peta Jiwa: Kepribadian (27 April 2019), Peta jiwa: 7 (7 Maret 2020) dan Keduanya (5 Desember 2020)

READ  Malcolm Jenkins mengatakan NFL tidak akan memperbaikinya sampai mereka meminta maaf kepada Colin Kaepernick

Ini adalah yang terbaru dalam antrean panjang bolak-balik antara Sony dan UMG. Tahun ini, Universal memburu beberapa eksekutif puncak Sony untuk mengoperasikan dua label andalannya, mempekerjakan co-leader A&R Kolombia. Imran Majid Dan Justin Eshaq Sebagai log pulau Co-CEO dan RCA Executive vp A&R Tunji Balogun Isi peran teratas di Def Jam. Sementara itu, Sony mengakuisisi Todd MoskovitzDari Catatan Alamo – Diluncurkan sebagai usaha patungan dengan UMG, tahun ini Lil Durk dan Rod Wave- menjadi hot spot tahun ini sebagai label utama baru di bulan Juni.

Seorang perwakilan dari Columbia Records tidak segera menanggapi permintaan komentar.

Laporan tambahan oleh Dan Rice.

Continue Reading

Berita Teratas

Pembaruan Maskapai: PCR Wajib dan kapasitas kursi 100 persen

Published

on

TEMPO.CO, Jakarta Pemerintah Indonesia telah memberlakukan pembatasan ketat pada penumpang yang naik penerbangan Jawa-Bali, mewajibkan sertifikasi vaksinasi dan hasil tes PCR negatif. Persyaratan ini harus dipenuhi untuk menaiki maskapai komersial mana pun di tengah Peraturan Umum Operasi (PPKM) Indonesia.

Juru bicara Pokja Pemerintah-19 Viku Adisasmito menjelaskan pada Kamis, 21 Oktober 2021 bahwa pengetatan kontrol terjadi setelah pemerintah mengizinkan maskapai membuka kapasitas kursi hingga 100 persen.

Ia menambahkan, hasil tes PCR wajib dilakukan setelah penggunaan physical distance dan tes PCR memiliki kualitas terbaik dibandingkan antigen rapid test dalam upaya pengendalian penyebaran Covid-19.

“Untuk mencegah penyebaran virus, maskapai harus menyiapkan tiga baris kursi yang bisa digunakan untuk menampung penumpang yang menunjukkan tanda selama penerbangan,” kata Vic Adisasmito.

Persyaratan tes PCR ini dipantau melalui Surat Edaran Resmi Pokja 19 Pemerintah Nomor 21 Tahun 2021 dan Instruksi Menteri Dalam Negeri Nomor 53 dan 54 Tahun 2021 serta Surat Edaran Kementerian Perhubungan.

Noorita Devi

READ  Pemakaman Rayshard Brooks akan diadakan di Gereja Baptis Ebenezer
Continue Reading

Berita Teratas

Peneliti Universitas Indonesia Uraikan Riset Ilmiah dan Teknologi (Kepatuhan Regional dan Rekomendasi Badan Jaminan Kesehatan Nasional Indonesia dan Organisasi Kesehatan Online melalui Perilaku Kesehatan di Indonesia): Sains dan Teknologi

Published

on

2021 OCT 20 (NewsRx) – oleh a Berita Reporter-Karyawan Berita Penulis di Berita Harian Asuransi Penyelidik merilis laporan baru tentang sains dan teknologi. Menurut laporan berita dari Universitas Indonesia oleh wartawan NewsRX, penelitian tersebut mengatakan, “Siapa yang menyediakan metode rekomendasi perawatan kesehatan online? Perusahaan Asuransi Kesehatan Nasional Indonesia Kepatuhan rekomendasi kesehatan menjadi perhatian besar karena kekurangan yang terus-menerus. Penelitian ini mengkaji proses rekomendasi kesehatan, regional dan pola kepatuhan rekomendasi dari tahun 2015 hingga 2016.

Koresponden kami mengutip penelitian dari Universitas Indonesia: “Penelitian ini bertujuan untuk memberikan analisis yang komprehensif tentang bagaimana orang menerima pengobatan dan untuk memahami perilaku mencari kesehatan. Indonesia, Penggunaan terapi alternatif dan perilaku mencari informasi kesehatan di media sosial. Data berasal dari tiga file data, yaitu Asuransi Kesehatan Nasional Data induk anggota, data transaksi fasilitas kesehatan tingkat pertama dan data transaksi fasilitas kesehatan rujukan lanjutan sebanyak 1.697.452 orang. Kepatuhan regional menggunakan model regresi login, sedangkan kepatuhan rujukan menggunakan statistik deskriptif jalur rekomendasi. Studi ini mengikuti pendekatan satu ukuran untuk semua menggunakan kuesioner online dengan 463 responden Asuransi Kesehatan Nasional Ini menggunakan formulir login yang dipesan. Kami menemukan bahwa ketersediaan beberapa variabel populasi dan fasilitas kesehatan daerah mempengaruhi kompatibilitas daerah. Selanjutnya, kami menemukan bahwa 19,3% transaksi tidak sesuai dengan urutan rekomendasi yang direkomendasikan. Urutan rekomendasi yang direkomendasikan sebagian besar diikuti untuk pasien yang menderita penyakit ganas. Laki-laki yang merasa kesehatannya lebih sehat lebih kecil kemungkinannya untuk mendapatkan pelayanan kesehatan dibandingkan dengan perempuan. Selanjutnya, tren terapi alternatif meningkatkan perilaku pencarian kesehatan, dan tren pencarian informasi kesehatan di media sosial meningkatkan frekuensi pencarian layanan kesehatan.

READ  Pemakaman Rayshard Brooks akan diadakan di Gereja Baptis Ebenezer

Menurut wartawan, penelitian tersebut menyimpulkan: “Kami merekomendasikan peninjauan terhadap garis rekomendasi yang direkomendasikan, terutama untuk pasien dengan penyakit ganas; proses rekomendasi tidak boleh didasarkan pada kelas rumah sakit tetapi pada kemampuan fasilitas kesehatan untuk secara tidak langsung mengatasi masalah tersebut. kelangkaan, perlu dievaluasi.

Untuk informasi lebih lanjut tentang penelitian ini, lihat: Kepatuhan Regional dan Rekomendasi Sistem Kesehatan Online Jaminan Kesehatan Nasional Indonesia Perusahaan dan Perilaku Mencari Kesehatan Indonesia. Helian, 2021,7 (9): e08068. (helion – http://www.heliyon.com) Apakah penerbit Helion El Xaverius.

Edisi gratis artikel majalah ini tersedia di sini https://doi.org/10.1016/j.heliyon.2021.e08068.

Untuk informasi lebih lanjut, silahkan hubungi Pudu Vuri Handayani, Fakultas Ilmu Komputer Universitas Indonesia. Indonesia. Penulis tambahan untuk penelitian ini adalah Tegu Toronto, Faisal Rahmondo Moise, Ave Adriana Binem, Fatima Assaro, Ahmed Nisar Hidayanto, Denny, Dumila Iunignas.

(Laporan kami memberikan laporan penelitian dan temuan berbasis fakta dari seluruh dunia.)

Continue Reading

Trending